A Greensboro, North Carolina native, Donnie Sparrow earned his undergraduate and law degrees from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. Admitted to the North Carolina Bar in 1970, Donnie started his legal career at Stern Rendleman Isaacson & Klepfer, becoming a partner of that firm in 1973. Since 1977, Donnie has been a principal with Block Meyland & Lloyd, Sparrow Conner & Hahn, P.A., Turner Enochs Foster Sparrow & Burnley, P.A. and Turner Enochs & Lloyd, P.A.
Donnie enjoys working with clients to efficiently solve complicated challenges, carefully document agreements between parties and move a transaction to a successful conclusion. Donnie’s accomplishments through this approach include the acquisition and development of high-value commercial and industrial real properties, complex construction law issues, exchanges, financing and refinancing obligations, entity formation and governance, and certain HUD programs. Throughout his 40-year legal career, Donnie’s primary focus has always been the success and growth of his clients.
When he isn’t focusing on client needs, Donnie enjoys playing golf, spending time with family, reading, fly fishing, and gardening.
- Commercial real estate
- Appellate advocacy
- Construction law
- Corporate law
- Commercial litigation
- Commercial finance and lending
- North Carolina
- J.D., University of North Carolina Chapel Hill, 1970
- University of North Carolina Chapel Hill Law Review
- B.A., University of North Carolina Chapel Hill, 1967
- U.S. Army Reserves, Sergeant, 1970 to 1975
- Ford v. Mann, 201 N.C. App 714, 690 S.E.2d 281 (N.C. Ct. App. 2010).
- Peach v. City of High Point, 199 N.C. App. 359, 683 S.E.2d 717 (N.C. Ct. App. 2009).
- Map Supply, Inc. v. Integrated Inventory Solutions, LLC, 190 N.C. App. 674, 661 S.E.2d 789 (N.C. Ct. App. 2008).
- Carolina Bank v. Chatham Station, Inc., 186 N.C. App. 424, 651 S.E.2d 386 (N.C. Ct. App. 2007).
- Cincinnati Ins. Co. v. Dynamic Dev. Group, LLC, 336 F. Supp. 2d 552 (M.D.N.C. 2004).
- Hundley v. Michael, 105 N.C. App. 432, 413 S.E.2d 296 (N.C. Ct. App. 1992).
- Tin Originals, Inc. v. Colonial Tin Works, Inc., 98 N.C. App. 663, 392 S.E.2d 831 (N.C. Ct. App. 1990).
- Southern Nat’l Bank v. Federal Resources Corp., 911 F.2d 724 (4th Cir. N.C. 1990).
- Starr Elec. Co., Inc. v. Basic Constr. Co., 586 F. Supp. 964 (M.D.N.C. 1982)
- Isaacson v. Toyota Motor Sales, Inc., 438 F. Supp. 1 (E.D.N.C. 1976).
- Construction Professional Network
- North Carolina Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Greensboro Bar Association