Robert David Joseph
David received his undergraduate degree (BA) and law degree (JD) from Wake Forest University. He began his legal career as an associate with two national law firms in the Washington/Baltimore area. In 1996, he returned home to North Carolina where he continued to practice law and started Joseph Athletic Management. Through Joseph Athletic, David represented and counseled professional athletes and coaches in the sports industry providing contract and negotiation services, marketing and negotiations, event development and management, and sponsorship development.
David is an attorney with over 25 years of experience in the legal, business and sports worlds. He has experience and knowledge in contract negotiation, contract structuring and drafting and has an expertise in structuring and negotiating creative and effective solutions. David has great experience in dispute resolution, litigation, including arbitration and mediation, transactional structuring and documentation, as well as experience in business development and marketing.
David also has represented professional athletes and negotiated and structured creative and valuable agreements worth collectively over $100 Million Dollars. He also created, structured and operated one of the more popular celebrity/athlete websites wherein he managed and operated a very profitable on-line commerce operation, and he successfully litigated one of the seminal cyber-squatting domain cases. David is married and has two children.
- contract negotiation
- corporate, employment, securities and transactional work
- intellectual property and licensing law
- business litigation and client counseling
- sports and entertainment law
- District of Columbia
- North Carolina
- J.D., Wake Forest University, 1988
- B.A., Wake Forest University, 1984
- Terrell E. Owens v. Aran Smith d/b/a Sportsphenoms.com and/or Sportsphenoms, Case No. D2003-0463 (WIPO Arbitration and Mediation Center, August 9, 2003).
- Certified Contract Advisor with the National Football League Players Association
- North Carolina Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Greensboro Bar Association
- Sports Law and Marketing (Wake Forest University 1998 – 2002 and Elon University 2008 – 2009)
- West Market Street United Methodist Church
- Staff Parish Board
- former Board of Trustees
- Greensboro Youth Soccer
- Board member (former)
- Greensboro High School Soccer Showcase
- Chairman and Founder
- North Carolina Amateur Soccer Association (former Board Member)
- Greensboro Sports Council